Monday 3 January 2011

Our History Project




The first thing I heard on listening to these podcasts was an advert for an organisation called the Sons of Confederate Veterans in a deep southern accent.   I was initially alarmed that I had stumbled on some kind of white supremacist website, but I checked it out and it all looks to be quite respectable.



The accents took me a bit of getting used to but the standard of the recordings is pretty high and the presenter, Craig Andersen's style is relaxed and engaging.   The podcasts I listened to all seemed to be very much orientated towards the American military and has a very patriotic (from an American point of view) perspective.

I don't think I will be adding it to my personal listening list, but if you are interested in military history you might well find this appealing - particularly if you are American.


http://historypodcastproject.blogspot.com/


Join the discussion about this and other history podcasts on the history podcasts forum.

No comments:

Post a Comment